[AAHM_Clio_Project] Clio Initiative white paper: making the case for history in medical education

Jeremy Greene jgree115 at jhmi.edu
Mon May 5 22:12:19 EDT 2014

Hello again, with apologies for posting twice in as many days.

I am hoping to see many of you at the Clio Initiative/Clinician Historians breakfast on Saturday morning, and have attached a working copy of a white paper we have been drafted to serve as a background for part of the morning's discussion.

The paper, titled "Making the Case for History in Medical Education" reflects our collective discussions on this topic last April and May, and represents an attempt to articulate a common ground for historians to make arguments for the relevance of history of medicine on medical campuses.  We hope it will also serve as a productive framework for discussion.

Once again, even if you have not registered for the breakfast—or if you know friends and colleagues who have not registered but would be interested in taking part in this conversation about the role of history of medicine on health science campuses—please feel free to fill your plate from the continental breakfast in the hallway and join us in the Michigan Room at 7am on Saturday.

Looking forward to seeing you there,

Jeremy

Jeremy A. Greene, MD, PhD
Associate Professor of Medicine and the History of Medicine
Elizabeth Treide and A. McGehee Harvey Chair in the History of Medicine
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine