[AAHM_Clio_Project] Assistance Needed: History of Doctor-Patient Relationship

Sandra Sufian sufians at uic.edu
Thu Mar 30 12:37:56 EDT 2017

Dear Colleagues:

I am hoping to seek your help in recommending an article, or a set of articles, about the shifts in the doctor-patient relationship in the 20th/21st centuries.  This is for our new med school curriculum which is case based.  I am tasked with writing up a 2-3 page intro about the topic and citing references for further reading.

i am reading Tomes’ new book and this is helpful but if there is something more concise that can speak to issues of paternalism, patient empowerment, third party payer and the federal role, that would be ideal.

Many thanks. Sandy Sufian